Award recipients demonstrate passion, practice and commitment in areas which reflect the I Can Problem Solve Program’s vision for developing youth interpersonal skills to become socially and emotionally competent problem solvers.
Awardees show exemplary aptitude:
- Focusing on the process of thinking (How not what a child thinks.)
- Providing youth with opportunities to demonstrate understanding of their own and other’s feelings and preferences.
- Developing skills so youth effectively manage and navigate interpersonal relationships.
- Guiding children to identify problems, generate multiple solutions, and consider the outcomes of their actions.
- Empowering youth to think critically.